Shapedata by double click

Started by novski, June 20, 2014, 06:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novski

Hi
I found a way to open the shape data of a shape thats been double clicked. with =DOCMD(1312)
but how can i open shape data of a different shape? like Sheet.4 or so..
thanks for help
novski

Surrogate

Paul Herber

The only way I can think of is to write a macro that takes the shape name as a parameter and use this macro name in the double-0click cell.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Yacine

Hi Novski,
why would you like to open the shapesheet of another shape?
Yacine

Paul Herber

I can't see the point or use of such an action either!
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

novski

Because i have a shape with data inside a groupe of shapes...

vojo

this sort of goes to one of the big issues with visio:  Shapes cant dynamically find other shapes without VBA

It would be real cool if
  - Shapes could be registered at the page level when dropped (list or even lite weight DB)
  - Shapes could request list of shapes with a given handle....page level returns the list (0 for none)
  - Shapes take action against the list (decisions, reach out to shapes for further determination, actions based on other shapes props, etc)
  - Could even have a predefined communication channel between shapes....but maybe that is too wishful thinking.
       - sort of a "GETPARM(shape, cell, command, value) kind of thing....return NA if nexus not found

Hey...I can dream cant I ;-)

Yacine

Hi guys,
I just wanted to propose to Novski a solution based on smarttags, but had to find out that this function is "buggy" - at least on my machine (V2007).
The smarttag shows as expected the right menu name, but calling a DOCMD(1312) is answered by an arbitrary Shape data dialog.
I enclose the file. Would like to check if you get the same behaviour as I do?
Yacine

novski

what exactly was buggy? It seams to work on my V2010. Althrou its not exactly what i need. What i need is a groupe of shpaes but with just one shape with shape data. And as i click on it the shape data shold be available in the shape data field task panes...

Paul Herber

I think the only answer is to put the shapedata in the top level shape.

Surrogate

set behavior for parent (top level) shape selection as Members first

novski

I tried this right now and it does the trick half. Because no i click once to get to my data but if i drag it with one click just the active shape follows...
so, thats not realy an option as well...

novski

I just found a way that is maybe a prossible workaround.
With a new action row i enter =RUNADDON("NETWORK SHAPE PROPERTIES") and in Menu "%Properties"
That actualy opens the shape data window.
what does it do else?

thanks
novski