Shapes Stencils HELP

Started by Malcolm Debono, June 18, 2014, 01:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Debono

Hi I have a problem which I probably caused through my own ignorance of Visio 2013. I have a stencil called MD Walls with a master called Cavity Plan Fill 1. I was working on a drawing (say draw 1) and amended a fill pattern. I deleted the master Cavity Plan Fill 1 and recreated it using the new fill pattern. The draw 1 shows the amended master with the new fill pattern.
When I open a new drawing open the stencil MD Walls and drag the master Cavity Plan Fill 1 onto the page it is not the new master but the old one. The problem has also made it that none of the fill patterns will print at all.
I am totally stuck as to what I am doing to cause the problem any help would be appreciated.

vojo

need to update the stencil call MD walls.

in essence, when you drop a shape on a drawing from a stencil, Visio copies the stencil shape into the document stencil
master stencil (MD walls) is universal....document stencil stays with this specific document.

Note, if you update MD walls later....drawing stays as before since shapes involved are in this drawings document stencil
(no connection to MD walls)

Malcolm Debono

Thank you for your reply, appreciated. I went through all the files and tried to get some consistency which will help me in the future and I have managed to get the fill patterns printing. Thank you again for your support.

Malcolm Debono

Can someone please help. I am still having problems with the stencils and fill. If I go to Fill Options > Fill then select Pattern Fill. There are some of my old pattern fills.  I cannot find how to delete them. Also is the a way of deleting a stencil. Your help is appreciated.

Malcolm Debono

I managed to find out how to delete the stencil by searching for the file extension .vssx.

vojo

I usually right click the stencil heading when in visio....delete is an option

Malcolm Debono

Thank you for your reply. I don't seem to have the option to delete having right clicked.

Malcolm Debono

Help please. I am still having problems trying to print the fill. Visio will print the standard fill but not the custom fill patterns. The fill shows in the print preview. I have tried printing to my plotter and to pdf, nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

Surrogate

mdd,
please attach your custom fill

Malcolm Debono

Quote from: Surrogate on June 25, 2014, 07:56:51 AM
mdd,

Can you please tell me where to find thefills so I can attach them.

Yacine

It depends on what you base your solution: a template (vst), a drawing (vsd), or a stencil (VSS).
It is this file Surrogate is asking for.
Yacine

Malcolm Debono

Quote from: Yacine on June 25, 2014, 08:31:06 PM
It depends on what you base your solution: a template (vst), a drawing (vsd), or a stencil (VSS).
It is this file Surrogate is asking for.
Thank you for your help. The fill is in either vsd or vss depending on how I choose to create the shape

Surrogate

Quote from: Surrogate on June 25, 2014, 07:56:51 AM
mdd,
i mean attach file contained this custom file  :)

Malcolm Debono

Please take a look at this file

Malcolm Debono

Can someone please tell me where fills are stored as I am unable to print with the custom fills.