World Cup 2014 Country Flag Shapes

Started by Visio Guy, June 07, 2014, 11:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visio Guy

For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

JuneTheSecond

Very cool!
Now, game starts.

Best Regards,

Junichi Yoda
http://june.minibird.jp/

cliff50

of interest -> Fifa has a long tradition of releasing and naming a "special" football at every world cup.

Chris's 3D flags are wrapped around a "Telstar" fussball  (released 1970 mexico world cup).

No doubt, this method could be used on the "Tango"(circa 1978 Argentina), the "Tricolore" (France), the "Teamgeist" (Germany), the "Fervernova"(Japan), the "Jabulani" (Sth Africa) and...  the "Brazuca" !

wonders if I could wrap a flag over the pointed end of a rugby ball  :o

:)
cheers
Cliff

Jumpy

Quote from: cliff50 on June 11, 2014, 05:01:12 AM

But in Rugby you would only need room/space on the ball for the flags of six nations, don't you.

cliff50

Quote from: Jumpy on June 11, 2014, 06:35:21 AM
Quote from: cliff50 on June 11, 2014, 05:01:12 AM

But in Rugby you would only need room/space on the ball for the flags of six nations, don't you.

Good point!  Jumpy .. and even less flags for a grid iron ball  ;)

Paul Herber

Many more than 6 nations play Rugby.

P.S. Rugby football is where what is called American style grid-iron football came from, but without the body armour and stopping for a rest every few seconds!  ;)

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Jumpy

Quote from: Paul Herber on June 12, 2014, 11:12:31 AM

Many more than 6 nations play Rugby.

I know that, but I thought the 6 nations cup (or what it is called) is for rugby fans what the FIFA World Cup is for soccer fans. At least my fitness coach (a former SAS guy stranded in germany out of love) tells me so.

wapperdude

QuoteP.S. Rugby football is where what is called American style grid-iron football came from, but without the body armour and stopping for a rest every few seconds!  ;)

Yeah.  It's the difference between intelligent design and random Brownian movement!   :o    ;)   Chicket anyone???   ::)

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

vojo

As my 15 year old daughter likes to remind me....if football was any harder, they would call it Ballet

wapperdude

:D

Speaking of dancing, so inquiring minds want to know, is the rugby scrum the "manly" version of a "can-can" chorus line?  After all, it's all about "kicking" legs!

Wapperdude

For the record:  in my college years, I did enjoy watching rugby.
Visio 2019 Pro