CalloutTargetRef() CalloutCount()

Started by d310gece, May 23, 2014, 09:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d310gece

CalloutTargetRef() and CalloutCount() is not working or maybe I don't know how to use it  ::) If I add CalloutCount() to the ShapeSheet's user defined cell section in value cell it returns 0.00 no matter how many callouts is attached to the shape. The same is with CalloutTargetRef() it returns #REF. Any thoughts ?

OK, my fault. Those functions work with simple callouts, but what about Text Callout master applied by data graphics ? Why those functions dont work there ?

wapperdude

I don't have V2010, so, can't say for sure, but, I think those functions should be added as a custom text field property.  In V2007, it would be Insert>Fields>Custom formula.

Anyway, here's a reference.  Talks a little about these functions 2/3 way down the article:  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visio/archive/2010/01/04/new-shapesheet-cells-and-functions-in-visio-2010.aspx

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

d310gece

In Visio2010 it works perfect in shapesheet. I can reference to any cell of parent shape. For example, I can make callout char size the same as shape by entering =Guard(CalloutTargetRef()!Char.Size). It would be nice to be able to make the same with custom callouts or callouts assigned by data graphics.  This "issue" stays in visio 2013 as well