2010 webpage objects displaying very feint

Started by visio, May 20, 2014, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visio

Visio 2010 standard

I have a macro developed on Vision 2007 professional which creates a smartshape diagram using excel as a data source then saves the finished drawing as a webpage. Everything works fine.

I then migrated onto Visio 2010 Standard.

I was able to get the same macro to work however when the webpage first appears it is large and the colours look fine, then it resizes to fit a page and looks as if a white sheet has been placed over the entire drawing. In the saved webpage all the shapes have a very feint outline and colours cannot be seen.  The basic functionality looks ok as you can hover over a shape and it will tell you infomations such as shape name then you can use ctrl+click to get more information from the smartshapr information.

The colour of the outline of a shape was meant to indicate if a process had an issue however this is not really visible.

The is the same if viewed on ie8 or ie9 both have silverlight add ons working.

The only difference I can see is the version of Visio that is being used. 

I understand that there is a difference in format as to how 2007 and 2010 save as webpage (.htm in this case) but with silverlight available on both version of ie I would expect the webpages to look the same.

Have I missed something when creating the webpage in 2010?

My Macro command is

Application.Addons("SaveAsWeb").Run "/silent=True target=<my file path and name>.htm

visio

I have found the cause just need a solution now.

Its down to how Visio 2010 saves web pages. In 2007 it was default was VML (Vector Markup Language) but in 2010 the default format is XAML (Extensible Application Markup Language).

As a test I manually saved the drawing as a web page in VML  and that resolved the issue.

Is there an additional part of my command that will force the VML version to be used when automating save as web page in a macro?

visio

Gottit Add teh following to th command to specify the primary format then run the macro. Web page is saved as in VML format.

/priformat=VML

Jumpy

Hello,

do you have some documentation about the "Save as Web" Addon or is finding the parameters just try and error?

Either way: Glad that you share your findings!  :)

visio

Found out as an option on the microsoft site for the add-on command. You can specify pirformat and secformat (for older browsers) to allow you to change from the default when calling the save as web command.  Possible options are below

•XAML (Extensible Application Markup Language), the default

•SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)

•JPG (JPEG File Interchage Format)

•GIF (Graphics Interchange Format)

•PNG (Portable Network Graphics)

•VML (Vector Markup Language)

Link to microsoft page
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff765062(v=office.15).aspx