Line pattern does not intersect correctly

Started by snsisk, December 15, 2008, 03:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snsisk

Following the example in http://www.visguy.com/2008/08/09/create-better-looking-more-efficient-smartshapes/ for the custom line patterns.  However, when I apply the new line pattern to a rectangle, the lines do not intersect correctly at the start/end corner (see the lower-left corner of the attached file). 

Does this have something to do with connection points or alignment box?  Should the custom line pattern have certain length boundaries? Other ideas?

12/15/2008

After some tinkering, I found that the issue seems to be with the alignment box.  Do I need a calculation that manipulates the alignment box or the length of the line based on the line height?

12/17/2008

After more experimenting, the start/end corner overlapping incorrectly can be corrected with rounding.  Not exactly what I wanted but, I'm guessing the problem is caused by the different code being used for Visio line patterns verses custom user-created line patterns.

VisGuy, have you attempted to apply the lines patterns in the link above to a rectangle?  If so, what were your results with the start/end corner aligning correctly?

Thanks,

Steve

wapperdude

It appears to be a Visio "feature".  The manifestation is quite consistent.  Rounding does seem to eliminate the problem.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro