VBA to lower picture quality in org chart

Started by ronny_mattus, April 18, 2014, 11:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronny_mattus

Hi,

I'm making an org chart with many employees. I can generate the chart with the wizard, but if I add pictures, Visio tends to crash. I ended up generating the org chart with the wizard and then added the pictures using vba and the ChangePicture function. This works well enough to solve the crashing problem. However, for larger JPEG images (300KB or larger), many of them don't seem to show up. If they do, they tend to randomly disappear and reappear when I go through the different pages of the chart and come back to it. Is there a way to lower the picture quality using vba before or after putting them on the chart?

(Using Visio 2013)

Thanks,
Ronny

Yacine

Wouldn't it make sense to make a set of reduced size pictures outside Visio. eg with MS picture manager. It can do batches, so the whole operation is a matter of minutes.
Yacine

ronny_mattus

Thanks for the reply. And yes, that would make sense. But at the moment, I am only allowed access to the pictures to make the chart. I am not authorized to make changes to them directly.

Assuming I can't re-size the pictures outside of Visio, is there a way to do the same thing in Visio using vba?

Yacine

Quote from: ronny_mattus on April 18, 2014, 11:53:08 PM
I am not authorized to make changes to them directly.
I would use copies of the originals.
Yacine

ronny_mattus

Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks, I'll do that.

Yacine

Yacine