Multiple copies of same image

Started by Jennifer, April 13, 2014, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennifer

I am working on a project that involves a creating a frame or border for a photo collage. The photo collage image is fairly large, even after I compressed it. I need to make 10-15 different pages all containing the exact same image. I am now on page 4 and it is already taking 20 seconds to save the file.

Is there any way that I can save the image once and have all of the other pages refer to the same copy without having to have 10-15 copies of the image in the Visio file?
Using Visio 2019, part of Office 365 on Windows 10

wapperdude

Save your image to a background page.  Only need to do it once.  Each drawing page would then reference the background page.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Jennifer

Doh. I should have thought of that.  :-[ Sheesh. Thanks for the help.

This solution works perfectly fine for this application. Is there a way it I can't arrange to have the image in the same place on every page?

wapperdude

If you need different location shifts, then, I'm afraid you'd need separate image placement for each location variation.

Perhaps with some code, that could determine which page is active, then apply the correct location shift for that page.  But I don't know if the code could be made to fire each time a different page became the active page.
Visio 2019 Pro

Jennifer

OK, thanks. As usual, you have been very helpful.  :) Hey, we need a thumbs up emoticon.

Yacine

If you don't mind having the results as bitmaps, I can recommend the solution I posted here:
http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=4773.msg18714#msg18714
This should provide the leanest file.
Yacine

Jennifer

Quote from: wapperdude on April 14, 2014, 02:28:49 AM
Save your image to a background page.  Only need to do it once.  Each drawing page would then reference the background page.

Wapperdude
I just noticed one drawback to the background solution. When the image was on the page, I had it assigned to a layer which I could then make invisible. This doesn't work with it in the background. I have the image assigned to the same layer in the background page and making that layer invisible in the background page, makes the image invisible, but making that layer invisible in the foreground page has no effect on the image.

It's a small inconvenience.