Author Topic: smart connector text?  (Read 9780 times)

Jumpy

Re: smart connector text?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 04:41:30 AM »
Now it's interesting for you to know, in what direction your connector connects to a given shape.
I tried to explain one way to do this in post #8 above.

Yacine

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 08:07:02 AM »
Did you use the control points?
The text boxes are attached to them, so you can move them to whereever you need them to be.
Yacine

novski

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 02:47:26 AM »
Hi again
Im back at my connector project again and cant follow both your advice about the connection point and this: http://www.visguy.com/2010/02/09/text-along-a-connectors-path-in-microsoft-visio-2010/ so i need some help...
can somebody explain me what i get back of this line:=ANGLEALONGPATH( Geometry1.Path, 1 ) and this: =POINTALONGPATH( Geometry1.Path, 1 )
? Used in a user defined cell.
Thanks
novski

wapperdude

• Global Moderator
  • Ideas Visio-lized into solutions
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 01:08:07 PM »
Here's a reference (It's V2013, but should be same for V2010:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff768508(v=office.15).aspx.  This lists the various functions available with a brief description of what each does.

There are more google entries if you search for each Visio funciton in question.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

novski

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
yea. Thanks for the Link. My problem is that i have never programed jet. So im looking for samples all over the net but can't find simple ones that i cold follow.
Maybe i have to hire somebody for that.

I can define clearly what i want and what it should do:

I have several grouped shapes as stencils. They all have only one shape with shape-data. The connector is connected from a shape in the group to another group.
What i need is that the connector reads out the shape-data-field "Geraetename" of both sides and displays that name on the other end of the connector.

Does somebody have spare time?

best regards, novski