Network Diagramming with Visio

Started by cliff50, March 29, 2014, 07:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wapperdude

@Vojo:  Are you sure?  The 1st link takes you to the company's symbols page.  Specifically states for Visio (2013 +).  One set of free downloads.  Did you try?  I can't, V2007, so can't work with VSDX files.  Consequently, can't check out individual shapes...not sure why must be V2013 unless they really are doing 3D stuff.

Shapes do look nice.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Networker

These are high resolution and good for diagraming I checked free icons quality

vojo

these are just images dropped into Visio then put into a stencil.
(cant ungroup or change color, line thickness, etc...no geometry sections, etc or or or...even after getting down to subshapes)
(or conversely, if one did this as a visio shape, why would you prevent color changes at a min)

Don't get me wrong....slick images...just not modifiable ...similar to the AWS stencil

wapperdude

@Vojo:  Thanks!  That's exactly the distinction I was curious about.  Strange, if they're images, why not make them available to all Visio editions?  Rhetorical question.

Cheers.
Wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

Networker

Ya, these are images with background shadows. I think that's why it is available in 2 colors. but effects I liked it. especially floor shadow and lights effect. it not in all Visio because of its 3rd party.

vojo

you can ANY image into a visio drawing and save as a shape to a stencil....not just these.
only drawback is that they are static  (of course you can trim them, make them larger or smaller, but you cant give them
specific behaviors or format them).

Networker

Downloaded Cisco's Pack black n blue. Icons quality is nice and sharp. Although they are images but large enough to make a beautiful diagram.