Exporting to CAD messes up dimension lines

Started by bigdave2001, March 27, 2014, 04:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdave2001

Hi All,

I have a bit of a problem converting drawings from Visio 2013 to AutoCAD.  I don't know if it's a new setting that I'm missing or what, but, I've looked all over the internet trying to find an answer and so far I don't see one...

I frequently have to convert network drawings that I've done to AutoCAD format so that other entities can use them.  I don't actually have AutoCAD I use DWG TrueView to look at the CAD file after I have converted it to make sure it comes out the way I expect.  I used to do this all the time in Visio 2010 with no issues whatsoever.  I would create my drawing, then ungroup everything down to base elements, then export to .dwg - for the most part the drawings would come out perfect.

Now, when I create a drawing in Visio 2013 and follow the same process to export - the drawing comes out ok but every dimension I have on the page reads 1".  It's seems like the drawing scale that I set for the page design isn't being transferred over to the CAD file.  I had a friend that actually owns AutoCAD view the files and they do the same thing.  I'm at my wits end and I'm tired of having to manually create dimension lines.  Please Help.

Thanks,
-David

bVisual

I use the FREE AutoCAD package from DraftSight to view, and save, AutoCAD files to Visio compatible versions.
http://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight/overview/

I have also noticed that the CAD files are not respecting the Visio page scale, and have reported this to Microsoft. For me, I have to either multiply by 10, or divide by 10 ... depending on the drawing measurement units that I choose for the embedded CAD file. This will, of course, mean that dimension lines inside the CAD file are a factor of 10 out.