Shapes losing double click behavriour after grouping

Started by RJK, March 26, 2014, 08:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJK

You have two shapes.  Both shapes run a different macro when they are double clicked.  If you take those two shapes and group them together, double clicking them no longer runs the macro.  This is quite annoying.  Is anyone aware of this?  Or how to fix it?

Paul Herber

That is quite normal behaviour and exactly what should be expected. Each of the sub-shapes within the group still have their double-click settings, the group shape doesn't (and can't) inherit that behaviour. Even if it could, which shape should it inherit from?
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Surrogate

of course, because you get new shape without double click event

daihashi

You need to change the group behavior so that selection goes to members first, and so that group text is not enabled. Then set the individual shapes eventdblclick cell to whatever macro that it is that you want to run for each one.

RJK

Quote from: daihashi on March 27, 2014, 01:22:09 AM
You need to change the group behavior so that selection goes to members first, and so that group text is not enabled. Then set the individual shapes eventdblclick cell to whatever macro that it is that you want to run for each one.

Thanks,

Exactly what I was looking for!

daihashi

No problem, I'm glad I was help someone else after this forum has been such a big help to me. :)