Main Menu

Icon sets

Started by helena, March 26, 2014, 01:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helena

Hi!

I want to show shape data with an Icon set. But I do not come off with displaying it in the shape. I donĀ“t know if I have got the definitions in the shape data right..eg regarding the rules that are to be the same as the defined shape data I guess...

Yacine

It seems like your are expecting something to happen automatically.
Could you explain your case in more detail?
Yacine

helena

I have linked external data to the SHAPEs and I want to indicate the priority with the Icon set, eg a high priority is a red flag, low priority is a green flag and so on. So if the shape has a column with priority and it says high, I want to show a red flag for that shape. Are you with me?

/H

wapperdude

Part of the confusion what you mean by icon set.  Presumably, these are shapes or images or icons that look like flags?  Not clear which.

Second, is the shape data applied to other shapes, which depending on the flag state, cause the flag to appear, or, does the shapedata get applied directly to the flags.

My interpretation is that you have a set of shapes, which look like flags with various colors.  Then depending upon the state of some data variable, the desired flag will show with the appropriate color.  If there is no valid data, then the flags are not visible.  More or less correct?

This could be done with a single flag shape, and the shapedata can be used to control visibility and color.  Doesn't need to be a set of 3 separate shapes. 

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

nah, Helena means data graphics. And I guess that she could not get her shapes to connect to a recordset and subsequently to add the data graphics. Do you know a good tutorial? I just got Jatin in a parallel thread which looks quite similar to Helena's.

@Helena, you may want to look at this thread http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=5513.msg21884;topicseen#msg21884 first before adding the data graphics.

@Wayne again. I didn't want to reply on your comment. It's getting a habit to contradict ourselves.  ;D
Yacine

wapperdude

@Yacine

Not a problem, actually I was trying to nudge a response...   ::)
Visio 2019 Pro