News:

BB code in posts seems to be working again!
I haven't turned on every single tag, so please let me know if there are any that are used/needed but not activated.

Main Menu

Update Shape data from shape?

Started by Henke, March 14, 2014, 10:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henke

I have a shape that has a field.
The field displays a value from the Shape data.  (See 1 in attachment)
If I update the value in shape data, it gets updated in the shape.

But the other way around does not work.
If I enter new text in the shape, the shape data stays the same and the field is removed. (See 2 in attachment)

How can I make the field stay and be able to enter text in the "field" to update the shape data?

Jumpy

Simple answer: You can't.
But there are shapes out there, that have this functionality. But in these cases, there's an addon behind this, that forces that behavior.

So complicated answer: You have to write your own custom (VBA) code for that. I don't think you can do this with ShapeSheet forkmulas alone.

vojo

can not really do what you want to do directly

But you can, in a round about way, by do the following
- on the event double click cell in shapesheet, put in docmd(1312)
- Create a feild (lets call the field "cool_text")
- in the shape itself, insert the field props.cool_text on the shape display

So now if you double click the shape, the props field opens, you can edit the field cool_text to say something like "have a nice day", hit enter and shape is updated to say "have a nice day"

Yacine

The Prompt field accepts longer texts.
If you use the shape data dialog instead of the shape data window, you can easily show longer explanations.
Yacine

Browser ID: smf (is_webkit)
Templates: 4: index (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 6: init, html_above, body_above, main, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 4: index+Modifications.english (default), Post.english (default), Editor.english (default), Drafts.english (default).
Style sheets: 4: index.css, attachments.css, jquery.sceditor.css, responsive.css.
Hooks called: 198 (show)
Files included: 34 - 1306KB. (show)
Memory used: 1091KB.
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 13: 0.00139s for 26,766 bytes (show)
Cache misses: 2: (show)
Queries used: 16.

[Show Queries]