Rectangle mis-applies custom line pattern.

Started by wapperdude, December 18, 2008, 05:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wapperdude

Custom line patterns do not close on correctly when applied to rectangular shape with square corners (zero rounding).

The lower left corner, x=0, y=0 in the geometry section, doesn't join the ends in a well behaved manner.  Actually, all corners tend to have some issue depending upon the pattern.
Visio 2019 Pro

Visio Guy

I run into this too (too often!)

I wonder if this is 100% a bug or partly a 'philosophy' issue where it isn't possible to 'programmatically know" what the pattern-creator intended.

It would be interesting to compare pattern behavior between Visio and other apps that support custom patterns like Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

wapperdude

I had thought about whether or not this was buggy, and decided that it should be treated as such.  My reasoning was...the rectangle is an enclosed shape, the border/frame, is a continuous band, therefore, the custom fill should be a continuous band.  I can see where this might be somewhat problematical to implement at corners, but, without rounding, each side should have a nice 45deg cut. 
Visio 2019 Pro