SmartSheets

Started by CACohenDVM, February 18, 2014, 06:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CACohenDVM

I work with clinical decision trees in veterinary medicine. There are a couple of thousand if these and probably 6 times that at least in human medicine. When such diagrams are published, esp in clinical journals they are configured to fit a single page or a 2-page spread. As such they are at least half the time not easy to read. It would be great if one could select an entire diagram or a component and request "sheet reorientation." This would ask to select most desired parameters - portrait view, next page view, etc. Then selecting a Process button would ---> logical choices.

I know this is asking a lot, but in the medical publishing industry it would be fabulous.

Chuck Cohen, DVM

vojo

assuming diagram on 1 sheet....use 3rd party tools to print to pdf (can set orientation et al)....I use pdf995....10 years no problems
note you can change the orientation of the sheet   file==>page setup   That would give you good idea of what fits / where to break

Can also save as JPEG or PNG....but would have to orient on page when you insert it.

If you are trying a 2 page (still single sheet) layout, you may have to group shapes as "half and half" and print/save independently