2 colors callout line

Started by kiler40, January 22, 2014, 09:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiler40

Greetings All,
I`ve been searching for some time how to make 2 color line.
like in the picture
There was a similar topic in the forum, but i want to do it with one shape i`ve found somewhere in the visio stencils, so i can keep the behavior of the shape.
Later on i`ll make the color to change via the shape data, but i cant reach a solution to make it 2 color...
Anyone Please help !

Thanks in advance!

Andrei

kiler40

i don`t know where the visio file went...

kiler40

Yes i`ve seen this. But for the second color ? With this i can change only one color...

Jumpy

I did this once. I made a two colored line. One color could be changed in the GUI. That is the color I left black in the custom made linepattern. The other color in the linepattern was red and that was the color in the line later, too. So I could make many two-colored lines, but one color was always red.

Later, because I needed two colored lines, where each of the two colors had to be changebale, but only in a range of 5 certain colors, I made a line pattern for each color. Always the choosen color combined with black in the linepattern. I called one the background color the other the foreground color, and like you want to do, I could change both colors in the ShapeData.

Changing the forgroundcolor in the ShapeData changed the line color.
Changint the backgroundcolor in the ShapeData changes the LinePattern.

But that was only usable because I had a finite number of colors (here only 5).

kiler40

This is interesting solution... i`ll give it a try. But still, if someone have other idea - Please share it.

kiler40

Something is not right... cant understand why...
the pattern is not changing. the color also...

and if i putt it in a stencil, so i can use it in other documents, only the line pattern that is in use is copied.

Jumpy

Problem is, that you have a grouped shape and you change the linepattern of the group, but not that of the lineshape inside the group.
Select shape. Go to behaviour. Under select options select "Group first" instead of "grtoup only". Click on shape and click on shape a second time to select subshape and look at it's shapsheet. If I change linepattern to "g" or sth. it works somehow.

vojo

Another way to go is to modify Junes old stuff so that you can set the background color as well as foreground

so here is a trivial solution based on Junes stuff is attached

- select the connector attached
- select a color of interest
- right click and set color to front line or back line
- select a different color of interst
- right click and set color to back line or front line

kiler40

this connector is basically 2 lines combined into one.
i`ve took the idea and put it into place.

Thanks for the help.

vojo

the real trick is that the line calculations are taken care for you by those lines / Junes stuff.

That is the sizzle of it