Visio 2010 error 607

Started by TechAssistantWIU, September 19, 2013, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechAssistantWIU

Hello,
I am a tech support assistant at my university. I am not a trained printer tech, but I am a student worker with a history of being a tinkerer.

Anyway, I am trying to resolve an issue for a user. I have an HP DesignJet z6100 and a laptop with Win7 64 bit, and visio 2010. The printer has the current drivers (from 2010, the printer is actually discontinued) and I have tried 2 different registry edit fixes, but to no avail as the objects that I was to delete in the registry were not present to begin with. The printer is currently networked, and it is not possible for me to create a central print hub to queue jobs.

The problem: My user cannot create and print on custom page sizes. She is currently trying to print a 42in x 300in page.

The weird: The user can currently print on a 42x250 custom size that was created some time ago, and standard sizes (8.5x11, 11x17 etc), and visio will throw this 607 error regardless of the printer being on or off.

Rededit 1: Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder ==> "Software" folder ==> "Microsoft" folder==> "Windows" folder ==> "Currentversion" folder. Click on the Run folder ==> Click on the Error 607 Visio file

This made no real sense to me but I didn't want to discount it...

regedit 2: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/microsoft.public.visio/Tzh-fNItdrc

In post 7 it describes that the user deleted all the entries in the registry, however on my users computer these files did not exist in that location, I assume because the poster for that thread is on a 32 bit install, and my user is on a 64 bit install. In any case, I didn't want to delete these in case it would break functionality altogether

I poked around google for a few hours already, and most of the time the fixes that I find are different regedits or "uncheck print background images," things I don't think would have an effect.

Thanks for any help, and I apologise if this is the wrong place to put this, I found this forum via my googling.

ckilmer75

Hi,

I'm having the same problem and have not had any luck finding a solution on Google.