Embedded visio diagrams in word 2010 have turned into images.

Started by Ghostextechnica, April 25, 2013, 08:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostextechnica

Hi guys,

My embedded visio diagrams keep suddenly turning into .PNG images.

This is a known issue? Not sure if this is a common problem as I can't find anything online about this - but I've been maintaining a specification documents in Word 2010 that have a lot of embedded Visio diagrams. The word doc's themselves are currently around 60MB due to all the diagrams.

It's happened quite a few times now that I've spent a couple of days working on the documents and adding new visio diagrams, and one day I'll open the document and the visio diagrams have suddenly turned into images (and the file size is significantly lower - i.e. they really are images and all the visio data is lost).

It's just happened again (but this time it was something I spent the last week working on!) and I'm tearing my hair out.

Every time it happens I start saving incremented versions so I won't lost as much progress, but this time I went a week without doing so, and I've lost everything.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Anyone know why it happens/ how to prevent it?

Nana111

Hi there
I am new here ,and i want to offer some help.I haven't encountered the same issues with you.Because i usually do the
word document issues using an word document program:
http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/word-processing/
It supports to process the word document effectively.You can take a look.Hope to help you.