Right-Angle connector becomes straight

Started by charlykuntz, November 20, 2013, 03:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlykuntz

Hello,

I have a really strange behavior concerning connectors. In the attached drawing I have a right-angle connector which becomes straight when I move the right shape to the lower left side of the left shape. When I use another shape (e.g. another instance of the left one) and glue the connector to the middle-left connection point (like I did using the right one) the connector is routed well.

I am not able to figure out why this happens. May anybody help me?

Charly.

Yacine

Yacine

wapperdude

Ditto!

Tried to break it, but worked as expected.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

charlykuntz

Hello,

thank you for testing this.

So all my fears this might be an issue concerning my configuration become true. The behavior happens using Visio 2013 Professional x64. Now I am going to try it on a virtual machine with Visio 2010 installed. I will report the results of my testing.

Charly.

charlykuntz

I tried it on two virtual machines (both Visio 2010) with the same result.

Then I began to redesign the shape setting the properties step by step till the "broken" behavior occurred. After all I found out that the ShapeSheet property of the group shape" named "DontMoveChildren" been true caused this behavior. When I set this to false everything worked as expected.

Charly

charlykuntz

I tested this with Visio 2007 too which resulted in the same strange behavior as before but here it was very hard to reproduce it. I had to move the right shape a lot of times until the connector was straightened. Once Visio routes the connector across the right shape when it is moved to the left side of the left shape Visio will anytime route it straight which may need a lot of move operations.