Control Handle - on hold event

Started by kiler40, November 14, 2013, 11:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiler40

Hello All again from me :)

There is another thing that goes inside my head.
I have a shape in side a master shape that is in some cases invisible, but its position is controlled by a control handle that is always visible and active.
My question is - is there an event like "on hold".
For example - if the control handle is hold make the shape 50% visible....

:) crazy ideas all the time

Thanks in advance
Andrei

AndyW

What about making your sub-shape slightly visible when the master shape is selected and invisible again when deselected. No events for clicking (holding) the control point.

Why do you want to move the control point if the sub-shape is not visible?

If you sub-shape is not visible you could hide its control point.
Live life with an open mind

kiler40

Slightly visible when selected, and visible if it is "active" but master is not selected

The idea to have the control point always visible is when i arrange the shapes to know where this "show/hide" sub-shape is. And if its position is not ok i can displace it.
Because related with the input data i don`t know at what moment will this shape become visible (if it become)
So if it is possible to have it slightly visible when master shape is selected this will be pretty cool...

AndyW

Catch the SelectionChanged event on the Visio application

AndyW

kiler40

AndyW

kiler40

ah.. it is macro enabled... :(
I have really big problems with this macros. i don`t know how to command them at all.
First-this has 2 options "if selected" and "if not selected"
and i have option like - if active(shape data have some value)-visible, if not active-invisible and this is third option
Second - and more important. I really have no idea how to put macro commanded object in a stencil and then transfer it to another document... (i already have some macros in the stencil and event them i don`t know how to copy in a new workbook.)

wapperdude

Somehow I mis-posted this reply, so here's the repeat:

It's easy enough to get the subshape to completely hide or be visible by modifying the lines:
mySelectedShape.Shapes(1).CellsU("FillForegndTrans").FormulaU = "0%"  ( or "90%")
to
mySelectedShape.Shapes(1).CellsU("Geometry1.NoShow").FormulaU = "False"   ( or "True"), respectively.

Or, in the case of the 1st line, use two lines:  one to make it visible plus a 2nd line to control transparency.

What's more difficult, is to use the VisMouseMoveDragStates class, specifically, the visMouseMoveDragStatesBegin member to trigger the whole process.  Seems like that member should become =1 when the control point is "grabbed and dragged" by the mouse with the left button held down.  Or, there are Button (mouse) events, too.  Then the VBA code could truly hide the subshape until the control point is moved and then the subshape would become visible during the process.  There is also an "Over" dragstate, but I think it would activate hovering over the shape and not the control point.  It could be the same for the "Begin" state, that it is shape oriented and cannot be used on the control point.

Anyway, just some thoughts for the more programming inclined.
Visio 2019 Pro