Annotations: Paired-text Callouts

Started by John Distai, November 05, 2013, 08:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Distai

Hi.

I remember some time ago I found an article (which I assume to be from Visio Guy), that showed how to make these pairs of call outs.

The call outs were circles.  You type a number in one, and it appears in the other.  One of the circles had an arrow on it, and you could spin the circle to reposition the arrow.  The number would always stay upright.

Does anyone have a link to this article?  I created the shapes long ago, but can not find them.  I'd like to recreate them.

Thanks!

wapperdude

Sorry.  Don't remember seeing that development, nor could I track it down.  Perhaps someone else will have better memory, luck searching.

Anyway, based upon your description, perhaps the attached is close to what you are looking for?  I'm sure if the original was a VisioGuy development, it was probably more polished than this.

Wapperdude

Ed.:  Refined the shapes a little bit more.  The slave shape will inherit font style, size, color, and position.
Visio 2019 Pro

Visio Guy

The annotations stencil, I believe used to have these section shapes that had a similar behavior.

My Shapes > Visio Extras > Annotations

The shapes I'm talking about are: Section 1, Section 2, Reference plane and Reference plane (site). I just checked and it wasn't working as far back as Visio 2003. So either I'm crazy or Microsoft broke the functionality a long time ago.

Anyway, you wanted something different than section-slicing shapes, and I think it was on another blog...Boxes and Arrows, I think. Is this the article you were looking for:

Wireframe Annotations in Visio : Special Deliverable #11?

It looks like wapperdude has done the heavy lifting of what that article discusses, if you can't be bothered with the ShapeSheet :)

For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010