Main Menu

Bus connectors

Started by YossiD, October 28, 2013, 03:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YossiD

I make a lot of computer system diagrams with many kinds of signals and bus communications. I use regular connectors for signals and wide connectors for buses (I'll call these bus connectors). This is the kind of thing I mean.

/|_________|\
/                        \
\   _________   /
  \|                  |/

The problem is that these shapes don't bend like regular connectors; there are some elbows, but that's all. I generally end up creating my own shapes by drawing them point to point (see attached). It's a primitive way of doing things, the shapes don't scale very well, and it's a royal pain making them that way. And since they're not real connectors, I have to make new ones whenever something in the diagram moves.

Does anyone know if someone has created bus connectors that route and bend like real connectors? Perhaps a newer version of Visio has such a beast (I'm using 2003).

Thanks to one and all.

Paul Herber

The Elbow and Hollow Connect (in the Connectors stencil in Visio Extras) shapes work as well as can be expected, they glue like any other connector
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

vojo

take regular connector and set weight to high (such as 20pt) and corner high (such as 10mm).

Weight via  format menu....corner via corner button

Yacine

I'd propose that you work with patterns.
Though I've an artifact, for which I have no solution.
Yacine