Change Visio 2010 Standard Colour Palette

Started by tlweekesy, October 14, 2013, 01:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlweekesy

Hi,  I am required to change the standard colour palette in Visio to use the preferred RGB colours.  Do you know how to change the Standard Colours.  The Themes is not what I need as I require a list of colour choices.

JohnGoldsmith

There's a color palette dialog that's available by modifying the ribbon:

Right click on the ribbon and select 'Customize the ribbon'.
From the commands dropdown select 'All commands' and from there you should find 'Color palette...'
Add this to a custom tab or group and you should be in business.

Bear in mind that this will change the how colors are interpreted throughout the document, but I guess this is what you're after.

I'm not aware of a keyboard shortcut, but the dialog can also be raised using a DoCmd either in code or in the ShapeSheet using 1082.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

John
John Goldsmith - Visio MVP
http://visualsignals.typepad.co.uk/

tlweekesy

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply, I had already tried that Color Palette button, but when I choose to edit the current colours, they don't display in the standard colours palette when I select the font colour or fill colour.  Any ideas?

Thanks kindly

JohnGoldsmith

Ah, you're saying you'd like to set the 'Standard Colors' that appear in the fill drop down - is that right?

I think it's reasonable to think that they might reflect the document color palette, but unfortunately they don't.  The standard colors (in that drop down) are application wide and just fire (theme protected) RGB functions into the respective cell and not an index to the document color palette.  The 'Theme Colors', on the other hand, are dynamic and reflect the colors from the theme applied to the selected shape (or page if there's nothing selected).

Are you able to expand on what you're trying to achieve?  Perhaps there maybe another way to deal with the problem?

Best regards

John
John Goldsmith - Visio MVP
http://visualsignals.typepad.co.uk/