Disable dynamic glue in visio 2013

Started by JleruOHeP, September 10, 2013, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JleruOHeP

Is it possible to disable dynamic glue in Visio 2013? Here (http://blogs.office.com/b/visio/archive/2012/09/25/10-ways-to-be-more-efficient-in-the-new-visio.aspx) in #7 stated that the hit region for that glue was increased to 100%. How can I change it back say to 50%?

Thanks in advance!

JleruOHeP

So far I`ve found 2 ways:
- set GlueType (Glue Info section) to 8 for every 2d shape
- set ObjType (Miscellanious section) to 4 for every 2d shape

But both of them have some additional effects... Should I stick to them or there is a better option?
Please, help!

Miki

This post it 3 years old but I just came across this searching for the same type of question.
To answer this question, yes if you do both the things it will disable the dynamic glue. But I have not seen any other consequences of this method.
You will need connection points for the shapes that are to be connected using a connector. Without connection points, the connector will not connect to the shape as the dynamic glue is disabled. Also, don't forget to turn on "Glue" from the "Snap and Glue".

Hope this answer will help someone in future.

- Miki

nini66

i did everything what you said and it is still something wrong. any idea why?  :-\

Miki

The shapes that you already have on the drawing, are they made up of multiple shapes?
Can you post your file or some sample of it please?