Count Hyperlinks? Protect Hyperlink.OffPageReference?

Started by Ana, August 01, 2013, 09:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ana

hi,

I have this ever changing 30-some page diagram, I have a fairly complex master-in-the-works that has multiple color by value (thank you John Goldsmith for the tutorial!) and I even managed to make it that if there is an off-page reference it shows the destination page number and the conditional on shape geometry, the title ... one problem, if you use the menu to edit hyperlinks and delete the off-page reference the formulas break and can't recover.

I had a few formulas that depended on the off-page that used to work but now are broken:
  =IF(ISERROR(GETREF(Hyperlink.OffPageReference))," ",GETREF(Hyperlink.OffPageReference))
  =IF(ISERROR(GETREF(Hyperlink.OffPageReference)),TRUE,SETF(GetRef(Prop.GoToPageNo),"iferror(Pages["&Prop.GoToPageName&"]!ThePage!PAGENUMBER(),"" "")"))

I saw a similar post and the answer is to the one was that the shapes are not self aware 

Is there a way to use =CALLTHIS(".rowExists",0,0) to determine if there is at least one hyperlink?
or
Is there a way to protect the Hyperlink.OffPageReference row so it cannot be deleted?

I'm trying to use just the shapesheet, no vba, using Visio 2010

thanks!!!!

Jumpy

I can't answer the complete quesion, but I can at least tell you that you can't use Callthis() because that calls a CBA macro and you state in your post, that you don't want to use VBA, so that's no help here I guess.