Changing Fill pattern with control points

Started by kiler40, August 01, 2013, 04:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiler40

Hello everybodt,
I have a simple fill pattern.
My question is: Can i change the fill pattern dimensions by using control points in a shape

JohnGoldsmith

Hi,

I would have thought you could in the pattern master shape but not in the instance shapes that you apply the pattern to.  I guess, conceivably, you could react to changes in an instance shape's control handles and update the pattern master in code.  You'd probably need to deal with keep the proxy control handles in sync somehow, but there are probably eaier ways of achieving your goals in some other way I would have thought.

Best regards

John
John Goldsmith - Visio MVP
http://visualsignals.typepad.co.uk/

Yacine

Hi Kiler,
I don't know so much fill pattern dimensions in Visio. If you mean the properties displayed in the pattern Dialog of Visio, then YES you can modify them by control points.

If on the other hand you want to modify the scaling of a standard or custom fill pattern, then there will be much more tweaking involved. I had a similar problem some time ago and as I needed the pattern to be available in different versions on the drawing, I just replicated that fill pattern with the different scaling values.

HTH, Y.
Yacine

kiler40