Shape tooltip text -- override hyperlink label

Started by michelleh, November 20, 2008, 10:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelleh

Hi --

I have a shape that has tooltip text in the Comment cell.  The user has discovered that when he adds a hyperlink to the shape, the hyperlink label is then shown in the tooltip text instead of the value in the Comment cell.  Is there anything I can do to the shape to force the Comment cell's text to be shown even if the shape contains a hyperlink?  I know that I can make the hyperlink invisible, but the user wants to see the special mouse icon and the hyperlinks in the right-mouse menu -- he just wants the hyperlink out of his tooltip text.

Thanks for any advice,
Michelle

Paul Herber

I cannot see anything that will override this, it gets worse if you have more than one hyperlink, the mouse over text becomes "Multiple Hyperlinks..."
<Guess>I'll take a guess that hyperlinks were the first thing implemented to show text when the mouse was hovered over the shape, then Comment text was added later as a fill in if there was nothing else to be displayed.</Guess>

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/