ShapeSheet PageCount() not Updating inside of String

Started by wes0126, July 18, 2013, 07:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes0126

I have a shape that contains two text entries. The second of the two entries is supplied by shape data. The shape data can be set to "This Sheet", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", etc. When the user selects "Sheet 2" then the shape is modified to reflect "Sheet 2 of X" where X is the total number of pages. Everything works as it should, however, if a new page is added after the fact, the shapesheet isn't updated to reflect this. Here's an example:

Scenario: User selects sheet 2 in a 5 page document. Shape displays "Sheet 2 of 5".

A new page is inserted into the document resulting in 6 pages total, however the shape reflects "Sheet 2 of 5". If the user changes the shape data the shapesheet then re-determines there are 6 sheets not 5. The string is comprised of text and the value of the number of pages but its like the string only updates itself on a change in shape data, not a change in the data that the string is constructed with.

See file attached for more info. Thanks in advance.

Surrogate

in visio 2010 PAGENUMBER() don't updated too :(

in my document i have some pages, each page have frame with pagenumber (inserted as field).
when i reorder pages - on page text in field of frame look correctly. But if i see in shapesheet fields.value,
it still have old value. I must update this fields.value
i think this is BUG !

wes0126

It seems to work fine if the text is not grouped. If the text is contained in a group then you have to make a change to the selection to get it to update the PAGECOUNT().