Flow chart parallel process shape

Started by aeenderson, July 02, 2013, 06:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeenderson

Is there a standard shape or arrow type to indicate a parallel process in a flowchart? I have a large chart (two landscape tabloid pages, filled margin-to-margin in every direction) that I'm trying to show some steps *may* be parallel instead of sequential. To make matters more complicated, these steps may be sequential and/or parallel, and they might be performed by the same individual or different individuals.

I attached a small snippet of the overall flowchart to show my clumsy attempt to indicate the first parallel process. I also attached a redacted version (sorry to be all secret squirrel, but you know how those proprietary things are!  :P) of the entire flowchart so you can see how the overall flow looks... if I try to redo all instances where the process might be parallel as shown in the release_extract file, I'm afriad I'll have to bump the drawing out or up onto another page or shift dozens of objects from one column to another, which will mean redrawing connectors galore.

I'm using Visio 2007 standard.

Thanks in advance!
Amy

Paul Herber

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/