Drawing Explorer Window

Started by mmulvenna, May 09, 2008, 02:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmulvenna

Anyone know where to get the list of icon meanings used in the drawing explorer window? I have one shape showen that has a different icon than all of the other shapes.

Thanks
Mike

I figured this out. The icon that was showing indicated the the shape was grouped. I tried to ungroup to no avail. After digging for awhile, i discover that the prtection cell for lockgroup was set to 1. I changed it to zero and was able to ungroup the shape.

USER error(me  ;D ) somewhere along the line set the protection cell inadvertantly.

Thanks for the views
Mike

Visio Guy

Aww c'mon Mike,

That was sufficiently obscure for you to get an official "Get Out of User Error Free" card and retain all of your VisPoints!

Anyway, the meanings of icons in the Drawing Explorer is a good idea for a Power User article.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

Lars-Erik

Can't imagine something like this being on the net.. somewhere..
<googlemode>

Edit: A clean lack of imagination i guess cause there really isn't a clear site with this information.

mmulvenna

Please bear with me. At 60 my brain does not always function the way you young uns do. Anyway, I am a "newbie"  to more than just this board. I have been using VISIO and VBA for less than a month, but learning every day. Thanks to all on this board for the responses and for putting up with my senior moments. :o

Mike

Lars-Erik

My reply was definitly not ment as criticism. I was sort of thinking that it might be somewhere on the web, so Visguy can use that as a source.  I was always told this:
QuoteNo question is stupid though awnser can be.

Lars-Erik

Well, theres no, or at least no decent information about this.
Seems worth an article! Such a simple piece of information not being available  :-\

mmulvenna

Lars,

No criticism taken....... thanks for the replies, and again please bear with my novice questions. ;D

Mike

Lars-Erik

As we all concluded there was not enough information about this on the web, I decided to change that.

The visio drawing explorer explained

(I hope you don't mine me linking this Chris, I tried putting the info here directly, but it was a pain in the ass)

- Lars-Erik

mmulvenna

Quote from: Lars-Erik on May 16, 2008, 03:04:54 PM
As we all concluded there was not enough information about this on the web, I decided to change that.

The visio drawing explorer explained

(I hope you don't mine me linking this Chris, I tried putting the info here directly, but it was a pain in the ass)

- Lars-Erik

Super job, very well done.  One minor typo

"The first icon you will come across is this one, it represents you document."

I believe "you" should be "your". :)

Once again great job and thanks a lot for taking the time to do this.

Mike

Visio Guy

Sweet job, LE! Of course I don't mind the link, visguy doesn't get to have everything!
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010