Changing Color of Custom Furniture Shapes Imported from AutoCAD

Started by jambo069, November 18, 2008, 03:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jambo069

hi everyone  ;D

i need some help i have made up my own custom shapes in my own stencil,i have imported these from autocad,these are 2d office furniture cad blocks the problem that i have is when i space plan an office the customer sometimes uses existing furniture of which i add to the drawing so they can identify what's new and what's been taken to the new office, but when i try to change the colour (fill) of the shape nothing happens i have tried everything to get it to change,has anyone had this problem and have they found a solution  ???

thanks
jambo

wapperdude

I haven't imported too much from Autocad, but I think the problem might be the shapes are not "connected".  That is, what looks like a rectange is really 4 separate lines.  To get a fill, these lines must be joined.  Assuming that the line end points overlay (lap) each other, then go to Shape > operations > Join.  This should allow you to apply a fill color.

The other issue to be aware of is grouping.  A "group" shape won't take a fill, you need to double click to select a sub-roup shape and apply the fill to the selected shape.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

jambo069

thanks for that wapperdude but it sort of worked please see attached

jambo069

i decided to mess about with the shape/operations/ join/fragment and managed to fill the shapes that i wanted, it took a while but it has done what i want it to do

thanks for all the help  ;D ;D ;D