Visio shape not inheriting properties from stencil master?

Started by TheJeffNextDoor, June 01, 2013, 11:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJeffNextDoor

I've spent a bit of time coming up with a stencil shape that behaves exactly as I wish. When I edit the stencil master, and check my settings and test the behavior, it all seems to be working fine. However, when I save that master, and use the stencil to drag that shape onto the page, the shape doesn't behave the same! It looks the same. A couple of examples: in the master, I've set a customer property in the shapesheet, User.StorageType - that custom field doesn't appear in the shapesheet on the page. Also, I set the default behavior on click to "Edit text" for the master but on the page, the default click behavior is "do nothing"!

Any idea what might be going on here? :'(

aledlund

there are incidents where when developing a new master shape the developer forgets to clear the document stencil of older copies, thus the new master shape is never applied.
al

TheJeffNextDoor

Quote from: aledlund on June 01, 2013, 12:00:19 PM
there are incidents where when developing a new master shape the developer forgets to clear the document stencil of older copies, thus the new master shape is never applied.
al

I did delete old shapes from the document stencil, but it didn't seem to help. Any other ideas?

TheJeffNextDoor

I eventually deleted and recreated all the shapes, and it seems to be working find now. :-\