OPR one to many, is it possible

Started by SmTownGal, June 21, 2017, 02:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmTownGal

I am exploring a new way to write design specs using Off Page Reference master page.
From what I know OPR is a one to one.
My intention is to reduce the redundant page elements entries to one master page. So, for example there is a Home button on five administrator pages and on three external user pages. Instead of entering the Home Button description eight times, I insert an OPR number that navigates to one descriptor that is located on a master page.
Examples of the content in my intended master pages in my spec document- one page of DropDownList descriptors & ids, another page of common Navigation Buttons (Home, Cancel, Reports, Search) and Links (reset password, about,contacts).
Is it possible to have a one to many off page reference within Visio?

wapperdude

A little confused as to what you want. 

Your examples are typical ribbon / menu bar items.  You can do customization for most common/frequent used commands.  The benefit is that they are always a available from any page in the Visio document.  Any other approach would be less convenient.

Wapperdude

Visio 2019 Pro

Paul Herber

Select the OPR shape, open its shapesheet and scroll down to the Hyperlinks section, add a new row, then add the details of the new shape you wish to link to.
This is purposely a high-level description of what you need to do.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

SmTownGal

Thank you Paul, I will give that a try.