how to make the connection between group shape id in Visio?

Started by ydai15, May 10, 2013, 02:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ydai15

I am facing a problem when I using Xpath to read the Visio xml file (.vdx). I create a custom stencil by grouping two sub shapes. For instance Shape A is consist of two sub shapes b and c. When I create two instances of A like A1(consist of b1 and c1) and A2(consist of b2 and c2). The connect tag in XML doesn't show the relationship of A1 and B1. Instead, it just shows b1 and b2 are connected.

Please take a look at the xml below, image the shape id for A1 is 1 (sub shape id is 3, 4), A2 is 2 (sub shape id is 5, 6)

<Shpaes>
   <Shape ID ="1" Name="ShapeA1" Type="Group" Master="12">
     <Shapes>
        <Shape ID ="3" Type="Group" Master="12">
        <Shape ID ="4" Type="Group" Master="12">         
     </Shapes>
   </Shape>

<Shape ID ="2" Name="ShapeA2" Type="Group" Master="12">
     <Shapes>
        <Shape ID ="5" Type="Group" Master="12">
        <Shape ID ="6" Type="Group" Master="12">         
     </Shapes>
   </Shape>

<Shape ID ="7" Name="Connector" Type="Group" Master="12">
  </Shape>
</Shapes>

<Connects>
<Connect ToPart="3" ToCell="PinX" ToSheet="3" FromPart="12" FromCell="BeginX"     FromSheet="7"/>
<Connect ToPart="3" ToCell="PinX" ToSheet="5" FromPart="12" FromCell="EndX" FromSheet="7"/>
</Connects>
I want the ToSheet Attribute in Connect is "1" and "2" which represent the group shape id rather than its subshape id.

Please let me know what should I do in Visio

Thank you !!

Paul Herber

If it's the subshapes that are connected then the XML is correct in showing this connection. P.S. it is a connection and not a relationship that the XML shows. How were the shapes' connection created?
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/