Visio 2007: How to edit the line pattern of the default server shape.

Started by JDMils, May 08, 2013, 02:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMils

I have placed the standard Visio server shape (from the template Servers (Metric) onto my sheet and I need to change the outline to pattern #23, but the line does not change. I can change the line colour and transparency tho.

How can I achieve this?
|
+-- JDMils
|
+-- Visio 2010 Noob
|

Surrogate

1. in document stencil double-click by master "server".
2. click right mouse button, and select in menu "grooup", submenu "open group".
3. into this group select sheet.9.
4. open shapesheet of this shape.
5. look at section "line format", field "line pattern". there you can see formula - GUARD(1)
6. change this formula, type there just "23" for example.
7. close group.
8. close master-shape with save.

PS in visio 2010 and may be in visio 2013 (i don't use it yet) shapesheet availible only in developer-mode!!!
in your PC developer-mode is activated ?

JDMils

Not sure how to start this? The shape is an inbuilt Visio 2007 shape. So do I open a stencil first? What do I click on?

Thanks.
|
+-- JDMils
|
+-- Visio 2010 Noob
|

Surrogate

JDMils

Fantastic! I finally did it with your help. But there were dramas on the way which I will highlight now. Since I use a "vanilla" version of Visio 2010, ie. I just installed it and all the settings are at default, I could not find a way to view the Document Stencil. I had to enable the Developer ribbon tab, and then I could check the Document Stencil checkbox to show it.

Next I could not figger out how to open the Master Explorer. I finally found the way: Double-click the server object in the Document Stencil. Now in the Master Explorer expand the branch Masters|Server|Shapes|Sheet5|Shapes. Right-click Shape9 and click Show Shape Sheet.

Now, how do I remove the line shape protection for the master shape? That is, I want to be able to open new documents and use the Server object and be able to change the line style without performing all of the above over and over.

Thanks!!
|
+-- JDMils
|
+-- Visio 2010 Noob
|