Flowchart swimlane transparency and shape selection

Started by morrismajo, March 02, 2013, 11:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morrismajo

I am an absolute newbie to Visio and this forum and I am seeking assistance with using Visio 2007 to create some Flowcharts for Fault Reporting processes.

I have, so far, created a fairly simple Cross Functional flowchart, with 5 swimlanes. After adding some flowchart shapes I then experimented and 'filled' the 'swimlanes' with alternate bands of colour. So good so far!

However when I now try to select multiple flowchart shapes at once with the Pointer Tool in Area Select mode the first click within the swimlane appears to select both the swimlane 'fill' and the whole of the swimlane then gets dragged and moves!

I then tried the obvious 'get out of jail' action of trying to remove the swimlane 'fill' to restore the default behaviour of the Pointer Tool in Area Select mode, BUT there doesn't appear to be a 'transparent' or 'no fill' colour option in the Format~Fill dialog box. Now the Format~Fill~Tranparency slider certainly renders the swimlane transparent BUT does not restore the default behaviour of the Pointer Tool in Area Select mode.

So my question is twofold:-
1) How do you restore the swimlane 'fill' to its original, default, transparent, untouched, virgin state?
2) How can you use the Pointer Tool in Area Select Mode on a filled swimlane (or perhaps any other 'filled' backgound to select multiple shapes?

Any help would be appreciated. I have attached my file so that you can view my efforts so far!