Connector Arrows with text alignment

Started by dkcorreia, March 05, 2013, 04:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkcorreia

Hello,

I have managed to make an arrow with text (big achievement for me).  Now I realize how much faster these type of graphics would be if I could also have the following:  I have attached a sample to demonstrate. 

Have the text stay left aligned and not move more to the left when I type additional text
Same thing for an arrow point to the right with right aligned text. (you can see in attachment)
Also a toggle or something really easy to switch the arrowhead direction.

I would love to learn how to do this stuff.  Any guidance would be so much appreciated.

vojo

two ways to do this

Simple way:   Play with paragraph settings 
                    (example included....I use this for state machine stencil I created.

Strategic way:
     - make the line
     - open shapesheet and add text transform
     - play with text transform settings

vojo

I suppose if you want to play with this...could take these and enhance as you see fit

Basically, I took the work of June the second (he has a real knack for this kind of stuff), set up a group, placed a bunch of controls, and
user selected custom properties.

Double click to set spacings and angles
yellow middle set where the break point is
end points can attach to shapes or other lines

note...this is for isometric diagramings....I got lots of flavors this if interested

dkcorreia

Very interesting!!  I love the forum.  I could see use that for sure!! :)  I am not sure I know enough to make it work for this case but I know I can user it for others .. hmmmm. Thanks so much!

dkcorreia

This is awesome.  I think I can make this work!  Thanks for taking the time.  I may post what I end up with just for fun. :)

Quote from: vojo on March 05, 2013, 07:23:19 PM
two ways to do this

Simple way:   Play with paragraph settings 
                    (example included....I use this for state machine stencil I created.

Strategic way:
     - make the line
     - open shapesheet and add text transform
     - play with text transform settings