Visio PivotDiagram Template and Analysis Services

Started by icowden, February 27, 2013, 01:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icowden

Hi all,

I have just started to look at Visio with a view to automating production of configuration maps based on a SQL Services Analysis Cube.

I can connect up to the cube without a problem, but am finding that the pivot diagram not only adds shapes for members of the chosen measure, but also non members.

For example, I choose the measure "count of teams".  i start with the dimension "specialties" and use "configure dimension" to whittle things down to the specialty I am interested in. This works as I would expect. However, when I then click on the add the team - code description attribute, I get all 300 or so teams which belong to the team dimension, rather than just those that should be returned as part of the filtered measure. Most of them have a zero count, which is correct, but I don't really want to see them at all!

I can only use Configure Dimension to set filters for the first dimension attribute chosen, so that seems to be out as an option.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to tell Visio to suppress the teams without a count.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Iain