Previous topic - Next topic

how to control layers on background page from foreground one

?
0 (0%)
?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

viktory49

Hello everyone! I'm new at this forum, hope someone will help me, please.
I'm trying to control layers on my background page from foreground one of my multipage diagram. It does not work, I just don't see background layers when I'm on foreground page. I use visio 2013 pro. Thank you.

Yacine

Hi,
when speaking about layers, do you mean the layers available in Visio as such, or rather supperposed drawings to be visible across several pages?
Yacine

Surrogate

viktory49,
Do you want manage layers as in layouts in AutoCAD?
i'm not sure that it is possible in Visio...

viktory49

I share a few shapes thru all my pages of my multipage diagram, that is why i put them onto the background page and assign them as layers and i can see them on every foreground one. Now, i need some of those shapes to be invisible on certain foreground pages. Can't do this - i just don't see those background shapes in the layers list when i am on a foreground page. Seems to me i need VBA, or there is something I do wrong? Thank you.

Surrogate

Paul Herber

Layers in Visio are contained within pages, there are no document-wide layers.
However, you could do this via formulae in the shapesheet, you could tie each page layer visibility to the visibility of a layer in some other page.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

wapperdude

See this new topic for examples of showing/hiding layers, shapes, images:  http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=5740.msg22885#msg228

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Yacine

Would the enclosed solution help?
It is based on several backgrounds using themselves one common Backgound.
The "deepest" layer has all the shapes, the "shallowest" the less.

Yacine

viktory49

I tried Yacine's idea to nest background pages and it works in my case! Very simple but effective! Fortunately, no need to dive into VBA. Thank you, Yacine and thanks to everyone!