Fill Color According Layer

Started by kiler40, February 12, 2013, 01:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiler40

Hello Everybody,

I want to ask if it is possible to change fill color of a shape depending on witch layer it is ?
I have a diagram with lots of white circles with numbers. I want to define 2 or 3 layers and then to start defining witch circle to witch layer it is. (to use visibility option of layers later) But when i add a shape to layer i want to change it color according to layer name.
And How to add this same rule to all shapes in a time (they are really a lot of them). I was thinking if i modify the shape master it will affect all of them ? Am i right ? :)

Thank you in advance.

Wish you all the best,
Andrew

Yacine

Hi Andrew,
yes you can change the fill colour of the shapes, unfortunately only by means of extra formulas in the shape sheet. And If you are lucky enough to have all your shapes bound to a proper master, then you can bring that behaviour to all the desired shapes. (If the shapes parentships are mixed, you could try replacing them by the proper shapes. eg with Paul's Super Utilities, which I am proud to own since one day - http://www.sandrila.co.uk/visio-utilities/).
I join an example to show how the master could by set up.
Yacine

kiler40

MichelVw

Just wanted to say thank you. So, thanks! This example is just what I was looking for.