Text Callout color Change

Started by kiler40, January 31, 2013, 11:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiler40

Hello Everybody :)

I have met a problem with again with the text callout box. This time i cant understand how to change color of this box, relatively to another box value.

In the example file i have attached, there is a master object with several shape data-s  (Label, Color1, Color2, Cross, Mark)
The problem is that when I put in field "Color1" value "B" background of the shape changes to black and the text relatedo to the field "Cross" become invisible (because of its black color...  :D)

So my question is - how to link text callout color to specific value/values and to change color. But not on all values but on 2 or 3 (for example "B" ; "L" and "R")

Thanks in advice!

Wish you all the best,
Andrew :)

Surrogate

for example: select your "Cross" callout, open shapesheet. change formula in section "Character", cell "Color".

=if(strsame(sheet.5!prop.color,"b"),1,0)

i.e. if background color is black, set font color is white. and still font color is black in another cases...

kiler40

Something is not working...
nothing happens

Surrogate

Ooops!!! Really, i select sheet.9 and see formula in cell "Color"=THEMEGUARD(IF(Sheet.8!User.FillType=0,THEME("TextColor"),IF(LUM(Sheet.8!User.ThemeColor)<110,1,0)))
paste there =if(strsame(sheet.5!prop.color,"b"),1,0)

kiler40

Exactly at the same place... I think.
Here is screenshot, with new formula and value...  :-\

Jumpy

Seems Shape.2 is the group in your picture?

kiler40

My bad....
In the text callout, there is more one level down, and there is sheet.9.

Really sorry for my misunderstanding! Thank you very much for the help.

Cheers :)
Andrew.

kiler40

i`m looking in the online nelp for this function "strsame". I cant understand if is possible to add more than one color ?

Surrogate

Function STRSAME - Determines whether strings are the same.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms425572(v=office.12).aspx

and i talk about shape.9 !

kiler40

Yes... i have seen it too late :( Sorry about that.
I`m really bad in this coding thing. Trying to learn... but still lot to go. This help in Microsoft isn`t really helpful to me. Can`t get how to compare mutivalue. Even with this other function that is written there "STRSAMEEX""

I have manage to do it. Thank you All for the help :)