Automaticaly create shape with data

Started by kiler40, January 18, 2013, 12:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiler40

Hello everybody!

I`d like to ask is there a way when importing several rows at one time, shapes not to appear overlapping, but right next to each other, to fill the page. by rows and if necessary by column. Without overlapping.

I have noticed if organization chart doesn't  fit in a page creates new pages. Is this also possible ?

And last thing is that in shape labeled A4 the text "2" is dark. I have tried different ways to make it white (automatically) but no success yet.

Sorry for the lots of cuestions, but so far this is what i still cant understaind and do...

Thanks in advance !!

Yacine

Hi Kiler,
may be you sould submit more accurate questions.
Yacine

kiler40

Sorry about that.
But really don`t know what this function is called.

If you add data to a previously configured shape you also asign default shape to this data. I think.
(in attachment: "step 1")

Then if I select more than one row in the externel data, drag them to the page, it replicates last used shape but displace every next displaced to right and down from the middle of previous (same if you duplicate shape with Ctrl+D)
(in attachment: "step 2")

So my first question is, is it possible when drag and drop all rows from external data, to place them not overlapping but next to each other (in attachment:"Desired Result") . I have tried everything i know...
And one other thing, if rows are so much, that can`t be on one page to send them to another page.
(I have tried once that "organization chart" option, and it become so big, that spread on several pages automatically)

My second question was about the color of a text callout box. In the "A4" squere background is blue, and black text "2" is not well visible. I know that the text callout box can change its color, but because it is group i can`t understand how to link color of text callout box to color of background.
The file with the shapes is in the the attachment of my firs post.

I understand that this maybe is big issue, and i`m sorry for the long post and long question.
But i`ll be really grateful if you can help me. Especially for my first question.

Jumpy

As for the positioning of the shapes:
You could add positioning information to your data source and so give that information as ShapeData to the linked shapes.
The shapes then need formulas in pinX/Y based on that ShapeData.

Or you can use a VBA funcition sth. like "drope liniked shapes". That function needs a datasource, a mastershape, and an array with positioning information. There was a thread about that in the forum only 1 or 2 month ago.

kiler40

Thanks for the info.
I`ll try it and i`ll share my experience after that :)