Help! Vision 2010 Shapes not enlarging.

Started by rhysIOM, January 14, 2013, 04:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhysIOM

Hi there, firstly thanks in advance if anyone can help me...

I am trying to make a physical rack layout for one of our clients but i appear to be having some issues with some Server shapes.  I am using Visio 2010.
I am trying to add in some HP Proliant servers to one of my rack diagrams, now some of the shapes such as HP DL320 g6 shapes works great, drag and drop to rack and drag the blue squares to the width of my rack.  Happy days.  However when i try and enlarge some shapes such as a HP DL380 g3 i drag the blue box to the width of my rack and whilst the width does drag out to the width of my rack, the original image stays the same size with white "gaps" either side of the server image, i have attempted to modify the shape properties to no avail, please see attachment if you would like to see my issues.
Please help, this is very frustrating!!!

aledlund

I'm going to guess that when you dragged the rack shape to the page you enlarged it by dragging it. To check this I would use the ruler to see if it is larger than 21" (approximately for a 19" rack). What you are probably seeing is that your first shape is configured to resize, and the second one only allows a partial resizing (the sub shapes are fixed).

When working with a scaled drawing you normally enlarge the racks by changing the  page size, and then add the components.

al