Shrinking Text Box - Visio 2010 with Linked Word 2010 files

Started by JimiTea812, December 14, 2012, 09:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiTea812

Hello,

I am asking about text boxes created from external Word document, linked to Visio drawing by the usual Insert/Object method. 

I have pages in my Visio 2010 file, which contain a series of text boxes, that are linked to external Word docs. I have been noticing that, when I first open the vsd file, some of the text boxes show in 'half-size' mode, so to speak. I don't know how else to describe this strange behavior.. a text box, which is supposed to be big enough to fill the 8 1/2" x 11" letter size page, for some unknown reason, appears on screen (and print the same way) so small at the center of the page.  

When I double click on the text box to open the linked word file in MS Word 2010, the text box actually corrects its display size. So this is what I have been doing all this time, whenever I need to print from my Visio file - Double click on any Word text boxes that are not shown at the correct size only to close Word immediately, only to avoid undesired print result.  

Preferably, I'd like to not have to worry about having to check all pages for any Word text boxes that are not shown correcty (Some of text boxes do not change its display sizes, which is the confusing part)  Is anyone experiencing similar phenomenon in using Visio 2010 and Word 2010 together?  This is a frustrating bug, and I hope MS Visio team can remove it in the future releases if not in 2010.  Thank you for reading and for any hints for resolution.