Data graphics scale behavior

Started by rickscr, August 07, 2012, 04:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickscr

I have a custom shape and have added shape data fields to the master.  I also created a data graphic for the master.

My problem is that if the data graphic shapes are moved from their default location, when the shape is scaled, the spacing between the data graphics is changed.
I've attached an image showing the problem.  The shape on the left is how appears in the master.  I moved the "1" field to be slightly higher than the others.  The shape on the right has been resized, and the "1" field changed it's location relative to the others.

What I want is to allow the user to move the data graphic shapes around, but have them maintain their relative position to each other when the shape is scaled.

Anyone know how to fix this? 

olgabudieri

Hello rickscr,

I have dabbled with a databar master shape which caused most of my shapes to look like they're overlapping.
I am wondering if you found a fix for this I could use as I am moving my shapes manually now to make the diagram more presentable. ???

Regards,
Olga

rickscr

My solution was to leave the data graphic text at it's original location in the master, but change the text formatting (paragraph spacing and text block spacing) to get the look I wanted. 

Hope that helps.