Org Chart Display Options not Working right

Started by Speedee13, October 30, 2012, 06:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedee13

I have created an Org Chart using the Org Chart Wizard with about 150 positions. I have three fields that I want to display in each shape box: Name, Title, and ID #. I included all three fields when the wizard asked which ones to display.  However, there are times that I would like to display the chart without the ID # showing up in the shape box.

I was under the impression that the Display Options under the Org Chart tab controls what is seen. So I went to the Org Chart Tab, clicked on the Display Options, selected the Fields tab, and deselected the box next to ID# in Block 1. However, when I deselected only the ID#, both the ID# and the Name are hidden in the shape leaving only the title.

I have tried various things with no luck. I even tried manually inserting the required fields into each shape to see if it would overwrite whatever is going on. As usual, Microsoft's help is useless for anything higher than basic commands and I can't find any answers on the web. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm tearing out my hair!