Long Runs on Big Dense Drawing

Started by gunslingor, November 02, 2012, 12:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunslingor

Looking for advice and suggestions related to long cable runs across a single visio drawing without having to wind the cable thru everything else on the drawing. Like, if you have 20 network cabinets full of devices that are all interconnected and fill up the entire drawing; then you have to run a cable from the most top left corner cabinet to the lowest right corner cabinet.

I think I would use a sort of offpage connector for this, but which is the best shape to use for this?

Also, whats the best format for the off page shape text (recommendations and past experience is helpful)? I am using the engineering border which has coordinates, so I'd like the coordinates in the shape. But what if you have two offpage connectors in the same coordinate? What's the best way to uniquely identify a page of offpage connectors; I've thought about assigning them a number or letter, but that will be A LOT to keep up with, I might have 25-100 of these by the time my draiwng is done... Is there some sort of auto number incrementing numbered shape? Here is what I'm currently using:

But it's gonna get combersome to say the least. Any recommendation is appreciated!

Sincerely,
WP.