News:

BB code in posts seems to be working again!
I haven't turned on every single tag, so please let me know if there are any that are used/needed but not activated.

Main Menu

Tilt coordinate system 90 degrees counterclockwise?

Started by alisbjerg@gmail.com, September 24, 2012, 11:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alisbjerg@gmail.com

Greetings Visio experts.

I have recently started drawing all my vector diagrams in visio. I'm studying electrotechnic.
It works like a charm especially with the help from "Vector Calculation" stencil.

I have a few questions I have bumped into along the way though.

Is it possible to rotate the "origin" of visio 90 degrees counterclockwise, so that a vector pointing upwards has an angle of 0 degrees? - It would make 3-phase calculations so much easier.

Also, I miss the abillity to insert simple but pretty equations into visio. At the moment I simply cut/paste from Word, but is it possible to use the equation tool in Visio in some way?

And the last thing. Angles between vectors displayed neatly with an arc having a tiny arrow in each end and the angle in nummeric numbers would be so nice.
I often have 10-20 vectors in close visinity, or starting from the same origin, making it important that there are small arrows at the ends of the arc.

Thanks for reading my post. :)

Best Regards
Alex

Paul Herber

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

wapperdude

Here are two additional shapes to augment the ones provided by Visio, that I did awhile ago.  These are variants of the Visio center angle shape.

Both only measure angles up to 180 degrees.  If the angle is greater, then each shape automatically switches to show the smaller (less than 180 degree) angle.  In addition, one of the shapes only lists absolute value numbers.

All of the shapes have the normal, standard Visio features of selecting line width, color, arrowhead style, size, etc.  All shapes have the right click context menu which has various, useful options.  And, all shapes use control points to move the text, move the measurement arc, and to set spread of the measurment.  (The smallest arrowhead size obtainable is generated by selecting minimum line width and "very small" arrowhead size.  Anything smaller would require a custom arrowhead.)

Hope these options are useful.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Browser ID: smf (is_webkit)
Templates: 4: index (default), Display (default), GenericControls (default), GenericControls (default).
Sub templates: 6: init, html_above, body_above, main, body_below, html_below.
Language files: 4: index+Modifications.english (default), Post.english (default), Editor.english (default), Drafts.english (default).
Style sheets: 4: index.css, attachments.css, jquery.sceditor.css, responsive.css.
Hooks called: 180 (show)
Files included: 34 - 1306KB. (show)
Memory used: 1077KB.
Tokens: post-login.
Cache hits: 12: 0.00118s for 26,766 bytes (show)
Cache misses: 1: (show)
Queries used: 14.

[Show Queries]