Erratic Connector and Legend Behaviour

Started by Damian, September 21, 2012, 02:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian

Hi
I'm experiencing a few problems whilst using the 'Directed Line 2' connector and the end points.  If I fail to successfully locate my line, with directional arrow, to an object, the endpoint of the line drifts a little making it extremely difficult to make an accurate join. On other occasions, when I attempt to grab the end of the line, the endpoint moves away from the line.   This behaviour appears to re-occur for other connector lines

Periodically the lines, when the endpoints drift considerably, end up outside the usual print area resulting in the 'You have placed a shape onto the legend' prompt even though the legend is on the other side of the page.

Apologies for what is probably the incorrect terminology, just started working with Visio and hopefully can get to grips with issues above.....

Thanks

Damian

Unable to find pattern with the line end point becoming displaced - at times I can move the line several times with no issues, but on other occasions the behaviour starts after 2 adjustments

Damian

Further update:  the behaviour appears to coincide with the line being converted to a symbol when I've extended the length of the line beyond the page boundary and following msgbox appears:

You have placed a shape onto a legend.  Would you like to convert it into a symbol and add it to the legend(s) on this page?

If I click Yes, the erratic behaviour occurs.  I'd like to be able to maintain the ability to automatically add this line to the legend - part of the beauty of the software.  I've also attempted to add a User Defined Cell with visLegendShape (Value 2) into the relevant ShapeSheet in an attempt to circumvent issue but alas, same outcome.

Can anyone confirm that I'm doomed to failure? Please note, I require a line with an arrow in the centre of it so other connectors aren't an option but I'm guessing that they all display the same behaviour.